Reporting To: General Manager, TPGS
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Maine Sales Representative who will be the first point of contact between the Power Systems Team and Toromont Cat Customers to consistently provide exceptional service, while positioning Toromont Cat Power Systems in the marketplace as a leading supplier and reliable partner. As a trusted advisor, the Marine Sales Representative will develop customer relationships and manage their expectations by engaging internal cross functional teams for the execution of the business and meeting Company objectives.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Create and prepare strategic plans to meet key sales targets and the development of a solid pipeline of new potential customers
Promote and sell Toromont Cat Marine Power Systems and Services within a given Maritimes Territory
Prepare quotes and pricing as well as consult on product applications
Prepare and conduct customer information sessions including lunch and learns, customer events and new product demonstrations, etc.
Utilize all resources to ensure Toromont Cat Power Systems remains competitive in all market conditions by planning and evaluating economic trends and developing growth opportunities
Collaborate with Marine and other management teams as required to develop and execute the customer’s business
Develop and submit weekly, quarterly and yearly planning and reporting by utilizing Saleslink, IMACS, Quotelog and other internal tools
Attend internal and external training and development programs including technical, product, sales training as well as industry association events
- Post Secondary Education and 5+ years sales experience preferred
- Technical aptitude and proven track record of using multiple resources to close new business
- Well-developed skills in setting sales budgets, sales planning and pipeline management
- Customer centric with exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Exceptional presentation and creative marketing aptitude with enhanced listening skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with an established capacity to build trusted relationships
- Solid business and financial acumen with knowledge of systems, proficiencies with CRMs
- Results driven, innovative and organized with proven understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Adaptable to constantly changing priorities in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- High accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to recommend and influence effective decision making
- A self-motivated team player with experience collaborating in diverse cross functional groups at all levels
- Relevant industry experience (Electric Power Generation) would be an asset
- Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.