Reporting To: General Manager, Mining Product Support
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Corporate Mining Wear Product Specialist to effectively provide solid business plans and expertise on mining wear products through strong market awareness. This
Corporate Mining Wear Product Specialist will ensure the sales team is resourced and supported with solutions through our products including the GET, undercarriage, boxes, blades, buckets and more.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Through an onsite presence at customer mine-sites with the Toromont marketing teams, effectively promote and increase the sales of mining wear products including GET, undercarriage, boxes, blades, buckets etc.
- Develop strong relationships and effective communications with key contacts (internal dealership contacts and external customers) for growth and achievement of sales goals
- Demonstrate effective market awareness and insight for growth and defence strategies related to Toromont’s mining undercarriage business.
- Lead New Product Introductions (NPI’s) in support of growth for (current and prospective) customers in our mining market.
- Arrange and/or lead effective training presentations to internal dealer staff on GET and Undercarriage products and offerings from Caterpillar.
- Collaborate with internal dealer contacts on information that supports the lowest cost per tonne solutions from CAT GET and Undercarriage products
- Conduct a thorough annual business overview demonstrating competitive intelligence and field knowledge from our markets; highlight successes, opportunities for improvement, and recommendations for continued growth
- Post-secondary education with 5 years of proven experience in product support sales and a strong knowledge of Caterpillar Mining Equipment Product Line
- Technical and mechanical aptitude of mining products; welding/fabrication knowledge would be an asset
- Highly safety conscious with a proven ability to plan, analyze and negotiate/influence for outcomes that result in effective solutions and results for Toromont and our customers
- Sales acumen and results driven with commitment to consistently provide superior customer service for Toromont’s and our customers’ business success
- Business and financial acumen for growth including the knowledge to grow revenue, gross margins, ROCE, and defend against competitive responses
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence decisions for successful outcomes
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage and deliver results in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities and aggressive deadlines
- Able to travel regularly to remote mine sites and work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
- A valid Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.