Reporting To: Corporate Product Support Mining Manager
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Mining Fleet Analyst who will ensure contracts for Toromont maintenance and repairs are executed through the branch in a safe, cost effective and risk compliant manner meeting the expectations of the mine owner. Through continuous improvements projects at the dealership, with Caterpillar, or in collaboration with the mine owner, mining costs per tonne will be reduced annually. Safety and Environmental responsibilities and partnerships with First Nations shall remain at the forefront of each project or task assigned to the Mining Fleet Analyst.
Note: This is a rotational position and Remote Site Premiums are applicable. Rotational schedule to be defined to include a minimum of 1 week onsite per month and remote work as required.
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s and the mine owner’s Health and Safety Policy/Programs and initiatives
- Analyze and evaluate the dealer Maintenance and Repair Contracts versus performance benchmarks and ensure the contract is within the risk tolerance for Toromont
- Monitor and adjust recommended component replacement and change out periods based on condition monitoring, maintenance practices, SOS results and machine applications
- Measure and trend wear rates for dump bodies, buckets and undercarriage
- Provide recommendations to reduce the customer's Caterpillar equipment cost per tonne
- Identify, develop and complete cost reduction initiatives between Toromont, Caterpillar and the end user, in partnership with the Corporate Mining Division
- Monitor product problems, document machine modifications and ensure compliance with customer and government laws and regulations
- Post Secondary Education with a technical focus or an applicable Technician Licence
- Minimum 5 years mining experience in a service position
- Highly safety conscious and qualified for NDE testing (required to achieve at time of hire)
- Mechanical expertise and knowledge of basic equipment systems and the surface mining process
- Solid understanding of equipment component life cycles and condition monitoring techniques
- Surface common core certification, WHMIS and mine site specific training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels and cross functional groups
- Process improvement mindset with strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
- Customer centric and self-motivated with high attention to detail
- Adaptable to constantly changing priorities and schedules in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SIS and DBS
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites as required in a rotation position
- A valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.