Reporting To: Parts Supervisor
Toromont has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont Cat also offers a challenging and rewarding environment, active career advancement and the opportunity to work with our talented and diverse workforce.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Parts Warehouse Person in our Branch to ensure customer needs are met through ordering and distributing parts in an organized and efficient manner. Our key to success is hiring the best!
At Toromont we offer our Employee's...
Competitive compensation, access to our Health and Wellness Program, Pension, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and RRSPs, Community Involvement Opportunities, Development through our employee Skill Building Courses (providing you with skills to build your career) and Group Medical Benefits including up to 100% Prescription Coverage (Recipients of the Drug Plan Benefits Canada Award).
Coordinate incoming freight, stock transfers, replenishment and fill customer back-orders
- Operate forklift to load and unload products from the trucks
- Process parts requisitions, core returns and warranty parts in a prompt manner
- Maintain the parts physical and electronic inventory and assemble hydraulic hoses to the Cat standards
- Provide on call service on weekends for emergency parts orders and all other required functions of the parts operations as necessary
Participate in safe and environmentally sound work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont's Health and Safety Policy/Programs and best practice
- Post Secondary Education and 2+ years experience in a warehouse environment and forklift experience
- Mechanical aptitude or background in automotive/heavy equipment preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic hose building would be an asset
- Effective communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Customer centric team player with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building capacity
- Self-starter with strong initiative and a continuous improvement mindset
- Sense of urgency and adaptable to consistently changing priorities in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of CAT SIS, or experience with Toromont parts operations would be an asset
- Flexible, willing and able to work rotations and on call hours in support of the business needs
- A valid Driver’s License with a current clean Driver’s Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.