Reporting To: Service Supervisor
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking experienced Undercarriage Rebuilders to provide mechanical expertise on the assembly of equipment.
- Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviors and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Programs and best practices
- Assemble Caterpillar Dealership undercarriage components, complete minor welding and fasten hardware
- Order parts and maintain awareness of delivery time
- Schedule work at the bench and maintain/control work flow
- Follow Caterpillar reusability Guidelines and remain current on Caterpillar updates.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience with overhead cranes and use of oxygen acetylene torches
- Mechanical experience in either automotive components and/or sub-assemblies
- Ability to learn individual systems operation, rebuild techniques and able to lift heavy equipment (50lbs at waist height)
- Proven ability to work independently, safely and provide sound decision making
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with a focus on customer service
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Team player with a sense of urgency, high integrity and initiative
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities on a frequent basis
- Able to do rotational shifts (2) weeks day/(2) weeks night
- Basic computer skills and proficient with shipping and receiving programs and systems
- Experience within Caterpillar Dealer Business System would be an asset
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.