Reporting To: Production Manager, Reman
If you have high integrity and a good work ethic, we want you on our team. The Reman Transmission & Production Supervisor is a main liaison for corporate initiatives, providing leadership and direction to a team of technicians ensuring the highest quality of standards meets consistent customer satisfaction in conjunction with the operations and increased market share.
- Model the way for safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviors in support of Toromont's Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Manage all aspects of fluid power train component production and customer service rebuilds and ensure a high standard of shop housekeeping
- Prepare and present detailed customer quotes with the commitment for completion and all reasons for the work order including cause of failure
- Request and review work order openings to schedule and prioritize all aspects of customer service repairs and exchange production jobs
- Use Toromont’s service scheduler to maintain an accurate and current record of shop work in process
- Monitor the status of all shop jobs to ensure compliance to maximize build quality and shop efficiency
- Maintain and update other branches, PSSR’s and customers on the cost of and progress on components being built.
- Manage shop expenses and invoicing including operating supplies, maintenance, tooling, expense hours, warranty costs, in order to maximize profitability
- Direct compliance with 5-star Contamination Control Guidelines and ISO 9000 to focus on quality improvement
- Lead, inspire and coach employees to achieve personal and corporate objectives
- Conduct regular service meetings, revising operational procedures, brainstorming, share reports on current company/division financial goals
- Post-Secondary Education with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial/supervisory role
- Highly safety conscious with a valid Heavy Equipment Repair License and repair/rebuild technical training would be an asset
- Strong technical aptitude and hands on experience with at least 5 years Cat Dealership product experience and solid understanding of operating policies
- Customer centric with proven leadership, coaching, mentoring and people development skills
- Solid business acumen with the ability to oversee financial operations and a mindset for continuous improvement
- Experienced planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- A strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills to deal with all levels
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Applications, DBS and SIS
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.