Reporting To: General Manager, TPGS
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Account Manager, Marine to consistently provide exceptional service, while positioning Toromont in the marketplace as a leading supplier and reliable partner. Note: This position is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Respond to customer product support sales inquiries in a timely manner to determine the appropriate actions.
- Identify and proactively engage in product support sales calls with prospective customers and distribute other leads to the appropriate market segment Account Manager (EPG, Industrial, Marine and Rental)
- Remain current on market conditions, competitive intelligence and pricing to provide feedback to management, inside sales and Caterpillar
- Assist with the collection of outstanding customer payments and distribute settlements related to parts and service work performed
- Post-Secondary Education with 5+ years' experience in the industry with an understanding of the Power Systems market place and its fundamentals (EPG, Industrial, Marine)
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of diesel/gas engines, generators, switchgear, transfer switches, etc.
- Proven sales capacity with experience engaging new customers and business opportunities
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact across all levels of the organization and our customers
- High aptitude for negotiating, developing business plans/strategies, budgets and implementing service related programs
- Solution focused and customer centric with effective interpersonal and team building skills
- Solid business and financial acumen with advanced understanding of business principles, company policies and objectives
- Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.