Reporting To: Service Supervisor, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking talented Field Service Technicians, Power Systems with experience working in the field with our customers to maintain and repair diesel and natural gas powered systems.
Demonstrate safe and healthy work behaviors and practices at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
Perform all reasonable steps and precautions to guarantee Toromont’s Health and Safety Guidelines are followed by sub-contractors
Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, controls and other auxiliary equipment, such as Automatic Transfer Switches, Switchgear and Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Conduct pre-job hazard assessments and mechanical repairs on engines and generators in both the shop and on customer sites
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment
- Perform engine overhauls
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.