Reporting To: Production Shop Supervisor, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Pump Technician to work in a shop environment safely and effectively diagnosing and repairing our customer engines and pump systems in a timely manner while maintaining extremely high standards and ensuring positive customer experiences.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviors at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and Initiatives
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on diesel engines, electrical submersible and diesel driven pumps
- Conduct job hazard safety assessments and mechanical repairs on engines in the shop
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical schematics and mechanical parts breakdowns
- Interpret and troubleshoot pumping system issues using site plans and pump performance information
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable steps and precautions to guarantee Toromont’s Health and Safety Guidelines are followed by sub-contractors
- Post Secondary Education with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience
- Highly safety conscious with solid understanding of diesel engines, electric submersible and diesel driven pumps
- Solid understanding of electrical fundamentals and engine controls
- Experience with pumping systems and solutions is an asset
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with solid business acumen and high integrity
- Mindset for continuous improvement and strong attention to detail
- Flexible and organized with strong problem solving abilities
- Adaptable to often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Valid Driver’s Licence and clean Driver’s Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.