Reporting To: Service Supervisor, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Welder/Fitter for our service department to provide technical expertise to ensure superior customer service in the maintenance, repair and fabrication of parts and structures. Our key to success is hiring the best!
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Operate electric, acetylene and semi-automatic welding and automatic burning equipment effectively and efficiently
- Fabricate structures from drawings or sketches
- Restore damaged steel and cast iron components by welding, grinding, dissembling and assembling relative components
- Maintain an inventory of materials used for fabrication
- Maintain and build strong customer relations
- Post Secondary Education with a Welder Certification and ability to re-certify GMAW,SMAW and FCAW
- Highly safety conscious with a minimum of 5 years experience in a related field and product knowledge
- Welding experience with flux core, arc air, MIG, TIG (aluminum) including the ability to fabricate steel structures from drawings or sketches
- Able to read shop drawings and use various types of electrodes and metals
- Customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated team player with solid work ethic and high integrity
- Focused, energetic and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.