Reporting To: Operations Supervisor
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Pump Systems Applications Specialist to support the Account Managers through technical design, tender review and quoting as well the logistics and coordination of rental contracts.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Review tender websites across Toromont territory on a daily/weekly basis
- Prospect business with customers through telephone calls
- Read and interpret customer requirements and translate into working pump system designs
- Coordinate projects to include logistics, purchase orders, suppliers/vendors and project management system input (iMACS)
- Communicate regularly with operations team to ensure pump system designs are executed as intended
- Post-Secondary Education preferred with 3-5 years’ experience in the Pump Industry
- Highly safety conscious with strong technical knowledge of diesel driven and submersible products
- Ability to design custom pumping solutions in various applications
- Solid understanding of the current business conditions, market place and customer base
- Exceptional communication, relationship development and interpersonal skills to collaborate at all levels and with cross functional teams
- Ability to identify marketing opportunities and develop content for specific applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a clearly defined sense of urgency
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively adapt and prioritize in a high pressure, fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-directed, independent and a team player with strong initiative
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willing and able to travel as required
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.