Reporting To: Production Shop Supervisor, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Technicians in the Power Systems Division to support our customers with superior service and product expertise and effectively diagnose and repair Caterpillar Power Systems in a timely manner while maintaining extremely high safety standards and ensuring positive customer experiences.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Prepare new and used products including gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, controls and other auxiliary equipment, such as Automatic Transfer Switches, Switchgear and Uninterruptible Power Supplies modified to customers specifications
- Conduct pre-job hazard assessments and mechanical repairs on engines and generators in the shop
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Submit accurate and detailed service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment and perform engine overhauls
- Post Secondary Education with a Construction Electrician 309A preferred and a minimum of 5 years of proven experience and highly safety conscious
- Licensed Technician with solid understanding of diesel and gas engines, power fundamentals and electrical controls
- Proficiency with Toromont Cat tools and software such as Electronic Technician, Service Technician Workbench, DBS, Service Scheduler and SIS
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with solid business acumen and high integrity
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willing and able to work non-standard/on call hours and travel as required to support our customer needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.