Reporting To: Service Supervisor/Project Manager
If you have high integrity and a good work ethic, we want you on our team. We are seeking Remote Technicians for special assignments in our Branches and Remote customer Sites to safely and effectively diagnose, repair and or assemble all Caterpillar mining and earthmoving equipment in a timely manner while ensuring high quality standards and positive customer relations.
These Technicians must be adaptable, willing, able and flexible to meet the perimeters of this commitment and could be deployed to various locations including Manitoba, Arctic, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Diagnose and repair Caterpillar and Metso equipment.
- Assemble and commission new gear on site within established timelines and quality standards.
- Prepare service reports and service documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate as an integrated member of onsite mechanical staff
- Maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Commit to and work towards the successful achievement of Metso qualification.
- Post-secondary Education with a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a heavy duty technician.
- Must possess a valid Heavy Equipment Technician Licence
- Customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious, focused, energetic, self-motivated and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time lines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Team player that must be willing to work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Must be available for deployment to any of Toromont’s remote site locations or Branches - occasionally on short-notice to work required shifts and rotations
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to Metso qualification.
- Proven computer skills (specifically, SIS, Cat ET, DBS, Microsoft applications)
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.