Reporting To: Technical-Commercial Supervisor
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Senior Applications Specialist, Power Systems to act as a trusted advisor to the customer and be an integral part of our Power Systems Sales Team, leading the preliminary engineering, estimation and proposal preparation for all Electric Power Systems applications (including but not limited to prime, combined heat and power, standby, micro-grid, energy storage, etc). The Senior Applications Specialist, Power Systems is expected to take a leadership position for the bid team managing the complexities of power plant projects (5-20MW) and is responsible for reviewing specifications from an engineering perspective, developing solutions with the assistance of the bid team and subsequently preparing the costings and proposals.
- Demonstrate workplace safety, environmentally sound, healthy behaviors at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Prepare cost estimates and written proposals for submission to the account manager and bid team
- Review specifications and/or customer requirements, investigate product applications suitable to meet customer expectations and recommend course of action
- Act as a technical consultant to the bid team and the customer
- Respond to customer requirements after proposal has been sent
- Engage the Electric Power and Project Management team as required to develop and execute the business
- Provide technical sales support during all phases of projects and ongoing business from concept through implementation, to the final commissioning and handover of an operational project
- Provide advice to the contractor or client on the interpretation of contract documents and issuing supplementary details and instructions as required
- Review shop drawings for general compliance with design requirements and contract documents
- Ensure effective project scheduling and expediting and complete administrative portions including, but not limited to Saleslink, IMACS, Quotelog and other reporting for good record keeping
- Meet regularly with the Sales Team to review project opportunities and strategies
- A Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree and 5+ years experience in the field/In pursuit of P.Eng is preferred
- Experience in power plant project costing and project management is extremely beneficial
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks at the same time, taking ownership and accountability for decisions made
- Knowledge of Electric Power Industry is preferred, with focus on natural gas / diesel generator sets and switchgears / controls.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to develop strong rapport and relationships with multiple internal and external customers at all levels
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to plan and prepared with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and inquisitive with an innate curiosity and good listening skills
- Solid business acumen with the ability to overcome resistance and gain commitment
- Customer centric with the ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strategic, self-driven professional with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft Applications and other customer programs
- Willing and able to travel and possess a valid Driver’s Licence and clean Driver’s Abstract
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.