Reporting To: Service Supervisor, Reman
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! As a key part of our cleaning, evaluation and salvage operation, our Parts Cleaner for Reman is responsible for using various equipment to clean any required parts & assemblies to an appropriate degree in preparation for evaluation and reuse.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Clean parts and other components as required by the production shop
- Use hand held tools or solvents to remove unwanted materials & deposits
- Clean and tap threaded parts in preparation for re-use
- Inspect parts and components for appropriate cleanliness
- Operate and maintain various cleaning equipment as required (Kolene, sandblaster, steel shot and typhoon)
- Follow ISO, Contamination Control and Safety guidelines
- Background in automotive, heavy equipment, on-highway truck or hydraulics would be an asset
- 1- 2 years shop experience with similar responsibilities would be an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills to be able to meet production deadlines
- Self-motivated and energetic team player who can work effectively in a high demand, fast paced environment
- Able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver internal and external customer service excellence continuously
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs.
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.