Reporting To: Accounting Supervisor
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Financial Accounting Parts Analyst to work closely with the Accounting and Parts Teams to ensure proper accounting of parts transactions at Toromont with a primary focus on the parts sub ledger reconciliation as well as other parts related accounts.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours in support of Toromont's Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Perform monthly reconciliations on all parts accounts, for inventory valued at over $100 million by learning existing processes and quickly recognizing areas for improvement
- Use your detective skills to identify and explain variances, then build on this knowledge to improve processes
- Review monthly financial statements to ensure there are no material errors in parts transactions and prepare analysis for review with management
- Work with Inventory Control Department to ensure proper procedures and best practices are being followed and communicated to Operations as well as training for other branches
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end journal entries
- Support the department as business needs arise
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with ad hoc requests
- Professional Accounting Designation (or working towards) with 3 year’s work experience
- Mindset for continuous improvement, analytical and excellent problem solving capacity
- Attention to detail with the ability to document process changes in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive team player with high initiative and integrity
- Organized with the ability to effectively adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines and changing priorities
- Exceptional communication, relationship development and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various levels across the organization
- Strong computer skills, including advanced Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, complex IF statements)
- Knowledge of AS400, CODA Financials, or experience with inventory sub-ledgers would be an asset
- Comfortable working with and quick to learn complex systems.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
- Bilingual French/English would be an asset
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.