Reporting To: Project Manager
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! Our Remote Site Technicians assigned to underground mobile mining services and repairs will safely and effectively diagnose and repair Caterpillar mining and earthmoving equipment in a timely manner while ensuring positive customer relations.
Note: Rotational Schedule of 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out (remote site premium is applicable).
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair, allied or competitive Caterpillar earthmoving equipment underground for customers within the established time standards
- Prepare service reports and service documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate as an integrated member of onsite mechanical staff
- Maintain good customer relations
- Comply with company and customer health & safety policies and procedures
- Post Secondary Education with a valid Heavy Equipment Technician License
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a technician
- A team player able and willing to work underground and surface in rotational shifts and on call schedules in support of the business needs
- A Certification in Underground Common Core
- A basic knowledge electrical and hydraulic systems
- Safety conscious, customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused, energetic, self-motivated and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Team player willing and able to work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Proven computer skills (specifically, SIS, CAT ET, DBS, Microsoft Applications)
- A valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.