Reporting To: Shop Supervisor
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? Our Heavy Equipment Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont Cat a trusted dealer. We are seeking talented Licensed Heavy Equipment Technicians to join our team and continue to build strong customer relationships through high standards and top service.
Please Note: This is a rotational position. 3 weeks in and 3 weeks out.
- Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair and service Caterpillar and all other heavy equipment products within the established standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication
- Undertake assignments as required in support of customer needs
- A Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician with a minimum of 5 years experience working in the trade
- Safety conscious with basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Customer centric with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and analytical with excellent relationship management
- Work with a sense of urgency and high standards to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated team player with high integrity and initiative
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat Systems would be an asset
- Willing and able to work shifts as required in support of the business
- A valid Driver's Licence with a clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.