Reporting To: Rental Manager, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Rental Account Manager, Power Systems to be the first point of contact on the front line interfacing with our Toromont Cat Rental Power Team and our customers. This Rental Account Manager, Power Systems will have a strong focus on improving our market awareness and deal participation with the ultimate goal of growing our market share within the territory. In addition to providing exceptional customer service and positioning Toromont Cat in the marketplace as a premiere supplier and partner to our customers, the Rental Account Manager will manage customer relationships and engage the internal team as required for the development and execution of business.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Program and initiatives
- Interface, as a trusted advisor, with existing and potential Toromont Cat Rental customers exemplifying behaviours that reflect our culture and values to ensure Toromont Cat is the first dealer of choice in all the products will supply.
- Drive ongoing growth in the assigned territory through new customer acquisition and improve share of wallet and perform on call duties on a rotational basis
- Develop responses to customer requirements and prepare quotes, technical submissions, etc. through regular follow up with customers
- Engage the Rental and Management Team as required to develop and execute business
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to Saleslink, Integrated Rental System and other reporting to completion and ensure proactive call reporting with detail enabling robust business decisions
- Utilize all resources and planning tools to evaluate customer and marketplace opportunities to remain competitive with economic trends and developing growth
- Develop territory/business plans per year and submit weekly and quarterly
- Post Secondary Education and / or 5+ years of equivalent industry experience in sales/rental experience
- Strong Power Generation and Application knowledge
- Understanding of the Electric Power Industry is preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to develop rapport and build trusted relationships and networks
- Willing and able to develop plans and prepare with detail and a sense of urgency
- Ability to grow a territory through new customer acquisition and expanding share of wallet
- Results driven with the capacity to overcome resistance and gain commitment
- Solid business and financial acumen with knowledge of systems, proficiencies with CRMs
- Adaptable and able to prioritize in a constantly changing and fast paced environment with multiple requirements
- A self-motivated team player and experience working in diverse cross functional groups at all levels
- Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.