Reporting To: Mine Site Performance Supervisor
We’re looking for a Mining Fleet Analyst to work with mining maintenance & operations teams both at our customer sites and internally to drive safe, cost effective solutions to drive maximum availability of mining equipment. Leveraging field knowledge and implementation of the latest available technology, this role is focused on reducing annual mining costs per tonne for the mines in our territory. Toromont and the mining industry needs people like you to drive better safety, lower environmental impact and efficient, cost effective production.
Note: Rotational Schedule of 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out (remote site premium applies).
- Demonstrate workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s and the mine owner’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Analyze and evaluate customer maintenance costs versus performance benchmarks
- Provide recommendations to reduce operating cost of our customer's Caterpillar equipment
- Monitor and adjust recommended component replacement and change out periods based on condition monitoring, maintenance practices, SOS results and machine applications
- Identify, jointly develop and complete cost reduction initiatives between Toromont, Caterpillar and the end user, in partnership with the Corporate Mining Division
- Monitor product issues, document machine modifications and ensure compliance with Customer and Government Laws and Regulations, as well as develop operator and maintenance training programs, in collaboration with the Mining Technical Communicator
- Post Secondary Education with a technical focus or an applicable Technician Licence (Heavy Equipment/Truck)
- Highly safety conscious and mechanical expertise with knowledge of basic equipment systems and the underground mining process
- Bilingual (French and English) is preferred
- Solid understanding of equipment component life cycles and condition monitoring techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels and cross functional groups
- Process improvement mindset with strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
- Customer centric and self-motivated with high attention to detail
- Adaptable to constantly changing priorities and schedules in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SIS and DBS
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites as required
- A valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
- Mining experience in a service setting would be an asset
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.