Reporting To: Project Manager
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a Remote Site Technician to safely and effectively diagnose and repair Caterpillar mining and earthmoving equipment in a timely manner while ensuring positive customer relations.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours and practices at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Programs and best practices
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair and service Caterpillar earthmoving equipment within the established standards
- Prepare service reports and service documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate as an integrated member of onsite mechanical staff
- A Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the trade
- Highly safety conscious, customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Focused, energetic, self-motivated and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repair/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Team player that must be willing to work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Proven computer skills (specifically SIS, CAT ET, DBS, Microsoft applications)
- Must possess valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.