Reporting To: Service Supervisor
The Trade Equivalency Assessment (TEA) is an alternative approach to obtaining a Certificate of Qualification for experienced workers who have not completed an Ontario apprenticeship. The TEA is governed by the Ontario College of Trades and the Ministry. At Toromont Cat, the TEA is used for licensed truck and coach technician (310T) currently employed at Toromont Cat, who would like to obtain their heavy duty equipment license (421A).
Our Technicians, Heavy Equipment – (TEA) will effectively diagnose and repair customer equipment in a timely manner while ensuring positive customer relations and follow the Apprenticeship Training Curriculum to maintain steady progression into a Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician and challenge the C of Q in approximately two years.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair and service Caterpillar and all other heavy equipment products within the established standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication
- A Licensed Truck and Coach Technician with a minimum of 2 years experience at Toromont Cat
- Highly safety conscious with basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and analytical with high attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Work with high standards to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated team player with high integrity and initiative
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat Systems would be an asset
- Willing and able to work shifts as required in support of the business
- A valid Driver's Licence with a clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.