Reporting To: Service Supervisor
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Welder/Fitter for our service department to provide technical expertise to ensure superior customer service in the maintenance, repair and fabrication of parts and structures. Our key to success is hiring the best!
Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Operate electric, acetylene and semi-automatic welding and automatic burning equipment effectively and efficiently
- Restore damaged steel and cast iron components by welding, grinding, dissembling and assembling relative components
- Maintain an inventory of materials used for fabrication
- Maintain and build strong customer relations
- Post Secondary Education with a Welder Certification and ability to re-certify GMAW,SMAW and FCAW
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a related field with product knowledge
- Highly safety conscious with welding experience specific to flux core, arc air, MIG, TIG (aluminum)
- Able to read shop drawings and use various types of electrodes and metals
- Customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused, energetic, self-motivated and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated safety behaviours, work ethic and initiatives
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.