Reporting To: Exchange Manager - Reman
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented Exchange Specialist who will be responsible for managing the fleet of Reman Exchange Cores through its life cycle and will analyze reports on a daily basis to ensure we are maintaining the correct inventory levels to match the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives.
- Review all exchange product ownership and determine requirements for each based on demand, turns, machine population and life cycle
- Order components in the dealer systems (DBS) and follow up with internal/external partners to ensure product arrives in a timely manner and complete pricing set up and descriptions in the DBS and RIMS systems
- Manage Core Forfeit Report and Unassigned Cores Report and follow up with branches to ensure components are returned in a timely manner
- Utilize DBS to ensure accuracy of information and follow up with branches on any issues
- Manage reports on a regular basis to include: Query for held Docs Report, Inventory Loss, Assigned Not Picked, Monthly Core Checks, REMAN Indicator Query, New Core Jobs and Core Bank on a daily basis
- Propose component replacement requirements using the most cost effective method to execute actions (new/used/repair)
- Manage our new product introduction process by analyzing new models, component arrangements and machine population
- Meet with Commercial Team on a regular basis to determine long term needs for exchange and propose NPI based on variables
- Review Obsolescence Report monthly and utilize the “Bargain List” to market to all branch Service Teams and Sales Representative
- Post Secondary Education in a technical/mechanical program and/or a minimum 5 years’ experience in service operations
- Experience with inventory/fleet management including turns analysis, purchasing, reviewing obsolescence and managing the inventory life cycle
- Safety conscious with a technical aptitude and basic knowledge of Caterpillar and competitive product lines
- Highly customer centric and a strong team player with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively within cross functional teams
- Attention to detail, efficient time-management and effective planning skills with the ability to quickly adapt to multiple and often changing schedules and priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- A mindset for continuous improvement and self-directed with high integrity and initiative to be proactive in problem solving
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Willing and able to work flexible and on call business hours in support of the business
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft applications, DBS and CAT SIS
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.