Reporting To: Service Manager
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? Our Lead Hand, Truck and Coach is critical to our business and what makes Toromont Cat a trusted dealer. With strong business acumen and superior communication the Lead Hand provides solid guidance to our Technicians to ensure we provide the best customer service.
- Model the way for safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Assist the Supervisor with scheduling of shop functions including interaction with customers
- Assign orders to each Technician to ensure quality workmanship/repairs to Cat equipment is completed within required timelines
- Perform final quality inspections on all repairs, report any concerns to the Supervisor and seize opportunities to provide positive technical feedback to minimalize the reoccurrence of similar deficiencies
- Provide technical support (including, but not limited to) parts identification, on-the-job training, service literature retrieval, failure analysis, warranty assessment, etc.
- Assist Supervisor in work order process by ordering supplies and services while ensuring all relevant documentation is completed correctly and submitted upon job completion
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent communication and trusted customer relationships through regular telephone and progress updates throughout repair
- A valid Truck Technician Licence (310T) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field
- Highly safety conscious, analytical with exceptional diagnostic skills including electrical and electronics
- Ability to quote and complete repairs/service within established guidelines
- Motivational leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a superior attention to detail
- Strong team player and committed to deliver internal and external customer service excellence continuously
- Mindset for continuous improvement, self-directed, focused and organized in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of business needs and changing priorities
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of CAT E.T., SIS & DBS
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence with a clean Driver’s Abstract (DZ endorsement required)
- Familiar with Caterpillar and/or Toromont systems as well as experience in the truck industry would be an asset
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.