Reporting To: Branch Manager
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Credit Manager to manage the accounts receivables for the London and Windsor Branches ensuring monies owed to Toromont Cat are paid in a timely manner in order to minimize our bad debt expense.
- Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Partner with Branch Team to resolve disputes and improve DSO
- Visit high profile customers on a regular basis and communicate the value of the Cat Commercial Card to all our customers, as well as promote the Card within the Branches
- Authorize credit release of parts, service orders and machine deals to ensure customers are "credit worthy" for their credit sales and respond to our credit partners with regards to our customers status
- Register various types of liens on sales or rental agreements such as PMSI and PPSA and RSLA on larger service jobs
- Process credit applications for new customers and monitor existing customers
- Set up credit limits accurately to meet customer’s credit sales and ensure undue financial risk to Toromont Cat
- Review credit limits and revise as necessary for consistency with customer’s current "credit worthiness"
- Communicate with sales and service departments regularly to avoid or resolve any possible customer invoice disputes
- Attend regular credit meetings
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration and a specialization in Accounting (Degree or Diploma)
- Knowledge of the different types of liens such as PPSA, PSLA, PMIS
- Solid business acumen with the ability to analyze customer’s Financial Statement
- Strategic with excellent negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Safety conscious and customer centric with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with strong relationship building capacity
- Self-motivated, independent and assertive team player with the ability to work at all levels of management to resolve customer disputes
- High integrity and able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed computer and systems proficiencies in various accounting software including experience with MS Office applications
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.