Reporting To: Retrofit Business Manager
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented an Retrofit Specialist to be the first point of contact and front line interface between the Toromont Power Systems Retrofit Team, Product Support Account Managers and our Toromont Cat customers and provide exceptional customer service to position Toromont Power Systems in the marketplace as a premier supplier and partner. As a trusted advisor, the Electrical Retrofit Application Specialist will manage customer relationships and engage the internal teams as required for the development and execution of business while providing primary electrical retrofit engineering consultations and engage third party vendors to generate technical and commercial proposals, close sales and ensure successful execution of retrofit projects.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviors at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Follow up on customer requests for quotes and provide retrofit solutions, leveraging our entire line of products
- Develop responses and prepare quotes, technical submissions, etc. for internal and external customers
- Develop new relationships with End-Users, Consultants and Electrical Contractors, generating new opportunities for Toromont Power Systems
- Utilize available CRM tools and data to target specific customers and remain competitive in the market place
- Develop strategic prospecting plans to uncover new retrofit opportunities
- Participate in technical meetings outlining key requirements for projects
- Provide technical support to engineering team on project requirements throughout the project engineering phase as required
- Complete administration and diligence in utilizing the Week Ahead Planner (WAP), Saleslink, iMACS and Quotelog, to ensure good sales results and good record keeping
- Regularly travel to manage primary coverage in the GTA and Eastern Ontario territories
- An Electrical Engineer or Electrical Designer with 10 years experience in design in the power system industry.
- 5+ years sales/account management experience preferred or a strong desire to enter into technical sales.
- Proven success identifying and engaging new customers and business opportunities
- Safety conscious, customer-centric and influential with superior negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly strategic, diplomatic and collaborative with excellent workflow planning skills
- Well organized with the ability to develop and present detailed technical proposals
- Solid business and financial acumen with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Team player with proven ability to develop and nurture trusted and long term partnerships internally, externally and at all levels
- Analytical with enhanced listening skills and current on market conditions and business drivers
- Ability to overcome resistance and gain commitment to deliver results in a fast-paced, demanding and deadline driven environment
- Well-developed computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Applications and other customer programs with the ability to leverage new technologies to perform work outside the office environment
- Willing and able to travel in the GTA and Eastern Ontario in support of the customers as required
- A valid Driver’s Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.