Reporting To: Transmission Shop Supervisor
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a Major Component Rebuilder – Transmission who will be responsible for the disassembly, evaluation, repair, reassembly and testing of fluid powertrain components.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Responsible for remanufacturing of all fluid power train components produced by Toromont Reman including but not limited to transmissions, torque converters, pumps, motors, differentials, and final drives
- Able to move to various work stations/benches
- Order parts and maintain awareness of delivery time
- Schedule work at the bench and maintain/control work flow
- Follow Caterpillar reusability Guidelines
- Adhere to ISO procedures as posted
- Follow all Toromont Health and Safety procedures and to work in a manner that is safe
- Work within Toromont Reman’s Contamination Control Requirements
- Remain current with Caterpillar updates
- Must have 3-5 years experience building applicable power train components, such as transmissions, torque converter, pumps, motors, swivels, differentials, final drives, axles, etc.
- Highly safety conscious with ability to learn individual systems operation and rebuild techniques quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to work independently, safely and provide sound decision making
- Team player with a sense of urgency, high integrity and initiative
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities on a frequent basis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with a focus on customer service
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.