Reporting To: Engine Component Supervisor
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a diligent Maintenance Mechanic, responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Reman production and facility equipment to ensure maximum uptime and reliability.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on production and facility equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electrical issues
- Keep electrical hardware such as motors, switchboards, and other electrical mechanisms in good repair.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) schedules as required
- Diagnose and repair plant and shop mechanical systems.
- Complete all check sheets and keep detailed records
- Modify machinery and equipment and overhaul machines as directed
- Prepare and distribute machine reports and downtime reports
- Suggest preventative measures to minimize or eliminate downtime
- Responsible for electrical installations and assisting in the commissioning of new equipment
- Perform all electrical work to the current Ontario Electrical Code
- Keep detailed service records of production and facility equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Red Seal Certified (Industrial Electrician)
- Minimum of 3 years directly related trade experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment, (not including apprenticeship).
- Must have exceptional safety record.
- Practical knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance procedures and exposure to industrial controls.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Mechanical systems
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of lathes, boring mills, and other machining/fabricating equipment
- Must have a sense of urgency and be results driven with a focus on continuous improvement
- Must be an effective communicator
- Must be detail-oriented and exercise good judgment in high pressure situations
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.