Reporting To: Service Supervisor, Power Systems
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a dynamic Field Service Technician, Power Systems with experience working in the field with our customers to maintain and repair diesel and natural gas powered systems.
Demonstrate safe and environmentally sound work behaviours at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
Conduct all reasonable steps and precautions to guarantee Toromont’s Health and Safety Guidelines are followed by sub-contractors
Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, controls and other auxiliary equipment, such as Automatic Transfer Switches, Switchgear and Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Conduct pre-job hazard assessments and mechanical repairs on engines and generators in both the shop and on customer sites
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment
- Perform engine overhauls
Post Secondary Education with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in the industry and highly safety conscious
Certified on Electrical Systems or College Diploma in the Electrical Program specializing in Generator Systems
- Licensed Technician with solid understanding of diesel and gas engines, power fundamentals and electrical controls
- Proficiency with Toromont Cat tools and software such as Electronic Technician, Service Technician Workbench, DBS, Service Scheduler and SIS
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with solid business acumen and high integrity
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willing and able to work non-standard/on call hours and travel as required to support our customer needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.