Reporting To: Recruitment Manager
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a diligent and organized Recruiter to develop within our team as a strategic and hands-on support in making the right connections between top talent and opportunities at Toromont Cat. Our Recruiter will assist with all efforts of the Recruitment Team to source and recommend talent that will effectively drive business goals and ensure Toromont Cat maintains a competitive advantage in attracting top talent to our organization.
- Promote and participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound, healthy behaviors at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Collaborate with the Recruitment Team to source top talent and support the business in meeting company goals
- Participate in the targeted sourcing of skilled trades and other professionals through open web searches, professional associations, internet research, on-line databases, employee referrals, career fairs, etc.
- Leverage Toromont Cat’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and other related tools and technology to effectively source top talent
- Build and maintain talent networks that are aligned to Toromont’s business needs across all territories
- Arrange and perform pre-screening, behavioural and competency-based interviews and provide recommendations for potential hires
- Contribute to ongoing improvements for our recruitment processes in support of organizational and departmental goals
- Coordinate tasks in support of achieving the Recruitment Team's business goal
- Post-Secondary Education from an accredited Human Resources Program
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in a high volume recruitment environment
- Experience working for a highly technical or industrial business with a large skilled trades demographic is an asset
- Understanding of full-cycle recruitment including, sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference checking, on-boarding and metrics reporting
- Customer centric with high initiative, attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with cross functional teams at all levels
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to shift and manage competing priorities and multiple tasks in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-starter with high integrity and proactive problem solving to drive results
- Highly motivated team player with positive energy and strong business acumen
- Superior computer proficiencies working with Microsoft Applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and other recruitment based technology
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.