Reporting To: Health & Safety Manager
TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS, utilizing Caterpillar engines, has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems. The commitment to provide the latest technology, quality products and technical expertise to meet constantly changing requirements of a growing industry are the reasons for Toromont Cat’s success.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking an experienced a Rental Operations Supervisor to manage our rental operations inclusive of the supervision of the Technicians, the condition and readiness of all rental assets and the execution of rental requirements. The Rental Operations Supervisor will authorize and approve repair and maintenance of rental assets across all provinces and act as a liaison between the Sales and Execution teams.
- Model the way for safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours in support of Toromont's Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Coordinate and schedule preventative maintenance/rental requests with customers and prioritize Technician assignments to execute rental agreements
- Optimize equipment uptime through timely maintenance and repairs by leveraging workforce availability across the Regional Centres
- Collaborate with Regional Centres to acquire upfront quotes on all repairs when deemed necessary and review/approve work orders while advising on warranty options
- Reduce repair and maintenance costs as a percentage of revenue
- Monitor equipment age, hours and repair costs to determine units to be targeted for sale
- Remain current on new technology (Tier 4, controls, product lines) and be able to assist technicians and sales reps with general application and operation questions
- As a liaison, ensure rental information and requirements are communicated properly between sales and execution teams when necessary provide a smooth hand-off of responsibilities
- Assist troubleshooting customer inquiries/issues and coordinate swap-outs if required
- Ensure efficient rental turnarounds, including off-rental inspections and communications to the office team within 24 hours of equipment returning from rent
- Perform shop and yard inspections regularly and document employee safety observations
- Stay current on fleet compliance including Transport Canada and CSA regulations
- Work with the Rental Manager to develop a strategy for required retro-fits, manage budgeted capital for optimized investments and source vendors
- Manage day-to-day employee performance and development in accordance to the Collective Agreement and Company Policies
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.