Reporting To: Electric Power Industry Manager
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS
has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking a talented UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) Sales Representative, Power Systems to position Toromont Cat Power Systems as a premiere supplier and partner in the marketplace. Our UPS expert will provide exceptional customer service in managing customer relationships and engaging the internal team as required for the development and execution of business.
- Participate in safe and environmentally sound work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
- Establish, maintain and enhance customer relationships to improve Toromont’s presence in the Power Quality/UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) Ontario market and grow sales of Toshiba UPS products
- Proactively develop a prospective customer base including consultants, contractors and end-users in the Power Quality and UPS business to increase Toromont’s UPS quoting activity and secure UPS business as aligned with personal and company goals
- Ensure detailed record keeping and activity planning through Toromont Cat’s CRM tools
- Develop territory/business plans quarterly and yearly planning and reporting by utilizing Saleslink, IMACS and Quotelog
- Utilize all resources to ensure Toromont Cat remains competitive in all market conditions by planning and evaluating economic trends and developing growth opportunities
- Attend internal and external training and development programs including technical, product, sales training as well as industry association events
- Prepare and conduct customer information sessions including lunch and learns, customer events and new product demonstrations, etc.
- Interface, as a trusted advisor with Toromont Cat customers exemplifying behaviours that reflect our culture and values to ensure Toromont Cat is the first dealer of choice
- Plan, budget and implement sales programs to promote products
- Prepare quotes, pricing and technical submissions and respond to customer needs in timely manner to resolve any issues
- Recommend pricing levels and provide final decisions on scope of supply to meet customer requirements to include input from the team
- Post Secondary Education with minimum 10 years UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) sales and/or marketing experience
- Knowledge of Toshiba UPS Products would be an asset
- Proven sales track record through the use of multiple resources to close new business and deliver a superior customer experience
- Safety conscious with expert knowledge of the Power Quality business in Ontario and the ability to develop the market in new territories
- Strategic and proficient in setting sales budgets, sales planning and pipeline management
- Demonstrated customer focus, conflict resolution and strong listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to overcome resistance and gain commitment with internal and external customers
- Exceptional presentation and creative marketing aptitude with enhanced listening skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with an established capacity to build trusted relationships and networks
- Solid business and financial acumen with knowledge of systems and proficiencies with CRMs through formal sales training
- Results driven, innovative and organized with proven understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Adaptable and able to prioritize in a constantly changing, fast paced environment with multiple requirements
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to recommend and influence effective decision making
- A self-motivated team player with experience collaborating in diverse cross functional groups at all levels
- Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.